The Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA) administers the Baker Artist Awards program under the direction of the William G. Baker, Jr. Memorial Fund. This website is operated by the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance on behalf of the William G. Baker, Jr Memorial Fund and its program, the Baker Artist Awards. All inquiries should be directed to [email protected].
- The Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA) administers the Baker Artist Awards program under the direction of the William G. Baker, Jr. Memorial Fund. This website is operated by the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance on behalf of the William G. Baker, Jr Memorial Fund and its Baker Artist Awards program.
- Content on the Site is owned by the William G. Baker, Jr. Memorial Fund and by third parties, and is posted on the Site solely for purposes of the Baker Artist Awards program.
- All content on the Site is protected by copyright and trademark laws and must only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. Any other use, reproduction, publication, copying or transmission of content from this Site might infringe the legal rights of third parties and subject the user to possible liability.
- Artists may nominate their work by uploading files and content in connection with this Site. The artist is solely responsible for such files and content. The Baker Artist Awards, the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance and the William G. Baker, Jr Memorial Fund has no control over, and accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from, such files and content.
- The Baker Artist Awards reserves the right to monitor this Site but assumes no responsibility for actively monitoring the Site for inappropriate content.
Prohibited Content and/or Activity
- This Site must be used in a manner consistent with its stated rules and any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Prohibited activities include posting content or engaging in conduct that:
- is obscene, patently offensive, abusive, threatening, harmful, harassing, defamatory or libelous;
- contains violence or offensive subject matter;
- contains content related to alcohol, firearms or tobacco;
- involves the transmission of spam or junk mail;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- violates the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights or privacy rights of any person;
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or provides instructional information about illegal activities;
- provides or creates computer viruses;
- involves advertising, solicitation or sales activities;
- interferes with, disrupts or tampers with this Site;
- is determined by the Baker Artist Awards, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate or unacceptable.
- The Baker Artist Awards reserves the right to take appropriate action against anyone who violates these rules, including without limitation, removing any offending content from the Site, terminating use of, or access to, this Site, or taking any other action deemed appropriate by the Baker Artist Awards.
- If you become aware of misuse of this Site by any person, please contact the Site Administrator at [email protected].
Eligibility and Selection Process
- Nominees must be 21 years of age or older to nominate their work.
- Nominees must have lived in Baltimore City, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, or Carroll County, Harford County and Howard County in the state of Maryland, USA since October 1, 2014.
- Beginning on October 1, 2014, nominees who meet the eligibility requirements may log on to http://www.bakerartistawards.org and follow the directions to fill out the nomination and upload files.
- All work presented by a nominee must be created by the nominee.
- Nominees can alter their application any time during the nomination period October 1, 2014 through January 15, 2015.
- Selection of the Mary Sawyers Baker and b-grant prize winners will be decided through a juried process that will remain private before and after the awards are announced.
- Artists selected to receive the Mary Sawyers Baker and b-grant prizes will be required to submit proof that they meet all eligibility requirements, including but not limited to proof of residency and age and will be disqualified for failure to meet the stated eligibility requirements.
- Recipients of the Mary Sawyers Baker and b-grant prizes are personally responsible for the full payment of taxes on any cash award they receive.
- The Baker Artist Awards, the William G. Baker, Jr. Memorial Fund, the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance and its officers, directors, employees, and agents assume no responsibility for any injury or damages of any kind to participants or to any person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering, uploading or downloading materials or any other use in connection with this Site.
- These rules are subject to change at any time without notice at the sole discretion of the Baker Artist Awards. Changes will be posted on this Site.