Final Considerations for submitting for 2020 awards
The deadline for you to complete your portfolio for consideration for a 2020 Baker Artist Award is Friday, December 23, 2019 at 5:00PM (extednded deadline). This postcontains important information and tips for you to consider before the deadline. Please read this message in its entirety.
1) Deadline process:There is no 'submit' button the the Baker site. All artists with an active portfolio on December 20th at 5pm will be automatically considered for a 2020 Baker Artist Award.
2) Work Samples: Artists working in all disciplines are requiredto submit up to four work samples. Work samples can be added at the very top of your "Edit Portfolio" page. Up to four Work Samples of varying length may be submitted but must not exceed a limit of ten minutes or 15 pages in total. [For example; (5) two minute samples, or (1) ten minute sample OR (3) five page samples, or (1) 15 page sample, etc. Additional instructions can be found on the "Help" page. If your Work Sample exceeds the limit, we guarantee that judges will review the first 10 minutes or 15 pages of your work included in this section. Artists without atleast one work sample and one project, will not be considered for an award.
3) Site-wide Representation Image: This image will be the image associated with your portfolio throughout the site. In order to upload this image you must go to "Edit Artist Profile".
4) Background Image:By default, the background on your portfolio will display as blue, but the new website allows for artists to set their own background image. You can see an example on our test page here. To set the background of your portfolio, click "Edit Portfolio" and scroll to the last option, "Background Image" to change this image. This can be a representational image of your work, a solid color, pattern, etc.
5) Instruction Manual: We have created a detrailed instruction manual will step by step instructions on how to create and modify your portfolio. Download it here!
6) Working Sessions:For artists looking for one-on-one technical assistance, we have scheduled for days of Working Sessions. Artists can sign-up for 30 minutes of dedicated time with GBCA staff to answer questions, provide feedback, or offer assistance. Sign-up here!
7) Help Desk: We are available during regular business hours for Help Desk requests via phone or email. We can be reached at [email protected] or 410-230-0200
We wish you happy Portfolio making over the coming days!
Find Great Art(ists)
Be Part of the Art
Create your portfolio or curate a collection of your favorite work.