St. Luke Methodist Episcopal Church is one of five remaining historically black Methodist Episcopal churches in Howard County, Maryland, that is more than one hundred years old. St. Luke was built on the south side of the Patapsco River, on the Howard County portion of Sykesville. Originally, the location of St. Paul Methodist Episcopal Church, St. Paul gave the land to the black congregation when it moved to its present location on the north side of the river in 1887. The church faces south on the east side of MD Route 32. The original part of the structure is Gothic Revival style, three bays wide by four bays deep and one story high. This frame building, covered with asbestos shingles, rests on a stone foundation and has a gabled roof. The entrance is on the south side of the building with a round widow centered over double doors and an open belfry near the south gable end.
Archival Pigment Print on Hahnemuhle Harman Gloss Baryta - Digital Photography.