Ebenezer is on the east side of Woodbine Road just south of Liberty Road, MD Route 26. The congregation of Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church met in the spring of 1885 to plan a new sanctuary. At issue was whether the sanctuary should be built with a partition down the middle to separate the men and women, as had been the custom at Ebenezer since the 1820s. The debate lasted for three years. The new sanctuary was built without the partition in 1888. As was common for Methodist churches of the time, it was built with separate entrances for men and women. Ebenezer is three bays wide by four bays deep and one story high. The brick building rests on a stone foundation and has a gabled roof. The church was built in Greek Revival style and features four columns across the front and gothic style arched windows on the sides.
Archival Pigment Print on Hahnemuhle Harman Gloss Baryta - Digital Photography.